- CLASSIFICATION: Carignano del Sulcis DOC Superior.
- PLACE OF ORIGIN: Old vineyards of the lower Sulcis area, erect shrub cultivation, ungrafted rootstock (Latin vineyard), in Sardinia
- SOIL COMPOSITION: Medium mixture, tending to loose, with sand and limestone composition respectively.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Carignano 95%, Bovaleddu 5%.
- CLIMATE: Hot and dry summers, mild winters.
- HARVESTING: By hand, starting in late September and ending around mid October.
- VINIFICATION AND DEVELOPMENT: Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature, for about 15 days. During this period, pomace maceration enables complete diffusion of the polyphenols contained in the skins into the must. Next, early malolactic fermentation enables the transfer of the wine into barriques already in early December. Maturation in new, fine-grained French oak barriques continues for 16-18 months maximum, at the end of which the wine has acquired complexity, style and longevity. Further development in the bottle for 12 months.
- TASTING NOTES:
- Colour: Deep ruby red, light garnet tinges.
- Nose: Rare, complex notes: plums and blueberries, sweet spices, bay, juniper, tobacco and chocolate.
- Palate: Rich, warm, mellow, fruity and spicy notes, suave tannins.
- STORAGE: Constant temperature 17 °C, humidity 75-80%, away from light, horizontal bottle.
- SERVING: Very large goblet with medium-wide rim, serving temperature 18 °C.
- MATCHINGS: Excellent with roasted or grilled meat and game, aromatic and spiced dishes, medium to long seasoned cheese.
- SIZES: 0.75 - 1.5 - 3 lt
- ALCOHOL: 14%
|Bottle Size||0.75 Lt|
|Grape Varieties||Carignano 95% - Bovaleddu 5%|
|Type of Wine||Red|
|Classification||Carignano del Sulcis D.O.C. Superiore|
|Year / Annee||2008|