- CLASSIFICATION: Carignano del Sulcis DOC Reserve.
- PLACE OF ORIGIN: Erect shrub cultivation, ungrafted rootstock (Latin vineyard), near the coast in the lower Sulcis, in Sardinia
- SOIL COMPOSITION: Sandy and clayey soils, poor in organic matter.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Carignano 100%
- CLIMATE: Hot and dry summers, mild winters.
- HARVESTING: By hand, starting in late September and ending around mid October.
- VINIFICATION AND DEVELOPMENT: After stemming and crushing, the grapes are fermented and macerated for 12-14 days in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature of 25-28 °C. During this period, the must is frequently pumped up, thus fully absorbing the noble tannins typical of bush-grown carignano. After malolactic fermentation, the wine is transferred to small, fine grained 1st and 2nd-passage French oak casks for 10-12 months, to further develop its biochemical and chemical-physical properties, aroma and taste. Further aging in the bottle for several months enables early bouquet development.
- TASTING NOTES:
- Colour: Deep, almost solid ruby red.
- Nose: Intense fruity notes of blackberry, blueberry, vanilla, myrtle, leather and liquorice.
- Palate: Big and velvety, great structure and long aromatic finish, a full-bodied wine.
- STORAGE: Constant temperature 17 °C, humidity 75-80%, away from light, horizontal bottle.
- SERVING: Very large goblet with medium-wide rim, serving temperature 18 °C.
- MATCHINGS: It matches red meats, wild boar, roast suckling pig and mature Pecorino cheese.
- SIZES: 0.375 - 0.75 - 3 Lt
|Bottle Size||3 Lt|
|Grape Varieties||Carignano 100%|
|Type of Wine||Red|
|Classification||Carignano del Sulcis D.O.C. Riserva|
|Year / Annee||2009|